Grill up a storm this summer with one (or all!) of these tasty meat-free burgers. 100% delicious, and 100% kind to animals.
With 1 in 4 Aussies now cutting out or cutting back on meat, these burgers are sure to be a hit at your next BBQ.
Troppo Aussie Burger
- Olive oil
- Your favourite meat-free patty (we love Gardein’s beefless burgers)
- 1 slice dairy-free cheese (BioCheese melts beautifully)
- 1 burger bun, toasted
- Barbecue sauce
- Red onion, sliced
- Tinned or fresh pineapple rings
- Beetroot slices
- Tomato slices
- Shredded lettuce
- Grill or panfry your meat-free patty of choice until cooked. Melt a slice of dairy-free cheese on top.
- Simply assemble your burger the way you like it!
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Chicken Burger
- Your favourite chicken-free patty (Fry’s Family Foods schnitzels are delish)
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons egg-free mayo
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried dill
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Turkish roll, toasted
- Shredded lettuce and cucumber slices, to serve
- Barbecue on the flat plate or panfry your chicken-free patty of choice.
- To make up the dressing, simply mix the spring onions, egg-free mayo, Dijon mustard, dried dill and lemon juice together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simply spread the dressing on your toasted Turkish roll then layer your heart away. Devour!
The Italian Shroom
- Olive oil
- 1 large portobello or field mushroom
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 8-10 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Sourdough roll, toasted
- Caramelised onion, avocado slices, tomato and baby spinach, to serve
- Carefully cut a crosshatch pattern on the cap side of your mushroom (this helps it cook evenly), then barbecue or panfry until tender.
- Remove from the heat, brush with the soy sauce and allow to soak in.
- Make the dressing simply by mixing up the basil, balsamic vinegar, pine nuts and remaining teaspoon of olive oil.
- Put the grilled mushroom on your toasted roll, spoon over the dressing, the pile up the remaining topping ingredients. Remember to lean over when you take a bite of this one, things can get juicy.
Want more delicious animal-friendly recipes?